Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Material:||Rebar||Wire Diameter:||2.5 Mm|
|Mesh:||100 X 100 Mm||Surface Finish:||Nature|
|Hole Shape:||Square||Size:||2.4m X 4.8m|
Our D49 Construction Mesh is manufactured from 2.5mm copper washed drawn mild steel wire and conforming to BS 1052:1980. It is manufactured to the latest standards, suitable for construction reinforcement, is resistance welded at every intersection and CARES approved.
The main use for D49 Mesh is for screed reinforcement. It enhances the strength of flooring, reduces shrinkage in curbing and prevents cracks in the screed.
Shrinking and curling is well known in screeds, which causes them to crack when they are drying. D49 mesh is the perfect reinforcement product as it repels the stress impact and prevents any micro cracks from developing and becoming bigger.
1) STANDARD MESH FOR CONCRETE REINFORCEMENT
The production of mesh reinforcement complies to BS 4483. Mesh is produced from cold reduced deformed steel wires according to BS 4482.
2) Mechanical Properties
· Specified characteristic strength: 460 N/mm2
· Tensile Strength: min 510 N/mm2. In addition either the tensile strength recorded in the tensile test shall be at least 5% greater than the recorded yield strength or alternatively the minimum elongation shall be not less than 12% measured on a gauge length of 5do.
· Shear strength of the weld: The shearing load required to produce failure of a welded intersection shall be not less than 0.25 A fy, where A is the nominal cross-sectional area of the smaller wire at the welded intersection and fy is the characteristic yield stress of the wire (460 N/mm2).
3) Chemical composition of steel
Carbon C: max 0.25%
Sulphur S: max 0.060%
Phosphorous P: max 0.060%
Carbon Equivalent Value Ceq: max 0.42%
Where Ceq = C + Mn/6 + (Cr+V+Mo)/5 + (Cu+Ni)/15
|B.S. Reference||Mesh Sizes
Nominal Pitch of Wires
|Size of Wires||Cross Sectional Area
per Metre Width
|Square Mesh Fabric||A393||200||200||10||10||393||393||6.16||15|
|Long Mesh Fabric||C785||100||400||10||6||785||70.8||6.72||13|
D49 Wrapping Fabric Reinforcement Mesh-001
D49 Wrapping Fabric Reinforcement Mesh-002
Contact Person: Devin Wang